Train Graduates in Nursing and Obstetrics in a comprehensive and competent way, with knowledge, skills, values and attitudes, with a high and humane sense, that allow you to provide care to nurse people throughout the life cycle, to the family and to the community, in health and disease states to contribute to their well-being; using the process of becoming ill and unsteadied assistance, administrative, educational and research functions at all levels of care and fields of action of the discipline, giving emphasis in the reproductive process.
It is necessary that the applicant to enter the bachelor's program in Nursing and Obstetrics must have the following characteristics in terms of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values:
- Basic knowledge of chemistry, biology, physics, logics and mathematics.
- Basic knowledge of the area of social sciences,
- Humanities and general culture
- Basic language knowledge.
- Social skills for communication.
- Planning and decision-making skills.
- General intellectual skills.
- Social skills for managing feelings.
- Skills to cope with stress and frustration.
- Consistency and persistence for study and self-learning.
- Assertiveness and empathy to interact effectively.
- Availability for collaborative and teamwork.
- Creative, entrepreneurial and proactive attitude.
- Recognition and respect for peers and authorities (follow and follow instructions).
- Responsibility for yourself, for people and for nature.
- Respect and tolerance of the beliefs and ideologies of others.
- Commitment (act with availability, responsibility, knowledge and conviction).
- Respect for the equals and superiors.
The graduate profile of the bachelor of Nursing and Obstetrics consists of the skills that allow him to practice his professional practice with quality, in any field of performance. It is made up of generic competencies and specific competencies.
GC1. Plan your educational and life project under the principles of freedom, respect, social responsibility and justice to contribute as an agent of change to the development of your environment.
GC2. Communicates orally, in writing and digital in Spanish and in a foreign language to expand the academic, social and professional networks which allows to acquire a regional integration with perspective international.
GC3. Manages the information technologies responsibly and ethically in their academic and professional processes.
GC4. Supports a personal stance on issues of general interest and relevance, considering other points of view in a critical, respectful and thoughtful way.
GC5. Choose an d practice healthy lifestyles that enable balanced academic and professional performance.
GC6. Maintains a respectful attitude towards interculturality and diversity to create spaces for human, academic and professional coexistence and build inclusive societies.
GC7. Is sensitive to art and participated in the appreciation and interpretation of its expressions in different genders that promote its integral formation.
GC8. Is an innovative and competitive leader in the discipline of field of choice, who continuously learns about himself, about new concepts, processes and methodologies that allow him to provide timely solutions and strategies, evaluating the impact of his decisions.
GC9. Recognizes the skills and strengths of the people with which it collaborates and generates an environment of trust that allows guidance towards meeting the goals of the organization or projects in which it perform, always with ethical behavior and moral integrity.
SC1. Promotes the development of a person’s healthy self-care and lifestyle skills, at different stages of life, as well as the family and community, through health education and disease prevention interventions.
SC2. Provides human care to the person during the reproductive cycle, to the child, adolescent, adult and to the family and community in health and disease situations, applying the nursing process.
SC3. Applies in nursing care the theoretical and methodological foundations that explain the health and disease of people, family and community.
SC4. Uses scientific methodology and different procedures and instruments to explain the phenomenon of health and disease, as well as to apply scientific knowledge and improve nursing practice.
SC5. Manages specific nursing work areas to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of care in different fields of action.
SC6. Designs, implements and evaluates health and human resources upgrade and training programs in different fields of action to raise the quality of health care.
Find out more at www.ugto.mx/admision
The study plan of the bachelor’s program in Nursing and Obstetrics has a value of 307 credits, as suggested by the Mexican Council for the Accreditation of Nursing A.C., of which 285 correspond to the 51 mandatory learning units and 20 credits the optional ones, of these are offered 9 learning units with a value of 5 credits each, therefore, the student will be able to select four optional learning units.
The study plan is developed in semesters, it is estimated that an average full-time student takes the total credits in 8 semesters, plus the year of professional social service.
Based on the nature of the learning units, they were organized in the following areas:
- 1. General area
- University identity
- Communication for human care
- Activation and sport
- Ecology and health
- Bioethics and legislation
- Project management
- Culture and art
- 2. Common basic area
- Health context
- Health promotion
- Microbiology and parasitology
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Introduction to pharmacology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Gynecology obstetrics
- Research methodology
- Research workshop
- Health statistics
- Healthy pedagogy
- 3. Basic Disciplinary Area
- Basics of human care
- Essential nursing care
- Nursing care in psychosocial health
- Basic propaedeutic for human care
- Community nursing
- Nursing care in the reproductive cycle
- Obstetric gynae nursing care
- Child nursing care
- Surgical nursing care
- Adult nursing care I
- Adult nursing care II
- Nursing care for the elderly
- Nursing care in occupational health
- Mental and psychiatric health nursing care
- Management and management of nursing services
- Advanced propaedeutic for human care
- Fundamental nursing care practice
- Nursing care practice in the reproductive cycle
- Obstetric gynae nursing care practice
- Child nursing care practice
- Adult nursing care practice
- 4. Deepening Area
- Integrative practice at the first level of care
- Integrative practice at the second and third level of care
- Alternative therapies in childbirth care
- Professional Social Service I
- Professional Social Service II
- 5. Complementary Area
- Alternative therapies for nursing care
- Emergency nursing care
- Select nursing care topics
- Genetics and health care
- Managing statistical software
- Nursing care in psychosocial stimulation
- Evidence-based nursing
Campus Celaya-Salvatierra, Division of Health Sciences and Engineering (DCSI)
Address: Mutualismo #303; Downtown; 38060; Celaya, Gto.
Phone: (461) 598 59 22 / (466) 663 34 13
Campus website: www.celayasalvatierra.ugto.mx
Campus Guanajuato, Division of Natural and Exact Sciences (DCNE)
Address: Noria Alta S/N; 36050; Guanajuato, Gto.
Phone: (473) 732 00 06
Campus Irapuato-Salamanca, Division of Life Sciences (DICIVA)
Address: Grecia & Paría; Fraccionamiento Ciudad Deportiva; 36540; Irapuato, Gto.
Phone & Fax: (462) 624 54 74 y 625 06 74 (directo)
Campus website: www.ugto.mx/campusirapuatosalamanca
Division website: www.diciva.ugto.mx
Campus León, Division of Health Sciences (DCS)
Address: Blvd. Puente Milenio 1001 Fracción del Predio San Carlos, C.P. 37670 León, Gto.
Phone: (477) 267 49 00
Campus website: www.ugto.mx/campusleon