Comprehensively form professionals with a sound preparation in the disciplines that are the base of its professional practice, which are: chemistry, physics, mathematics, physics-chemistry, biology, pharmacy and biochemistry; all of them are indispensable to understand the differences between the states of health and illness of the human beings. Added to the previous, the theoretical knowledge and skills developed through the laboratories and workshops allow the student to make and interpret chemical, biochemical and microbiological analysis, to contribute and integrate to professional teams in areas related with the production of goods and/or services, such as Clinical Biochemistry, Toxicology, Food analysis, Industrial Pharmacy and Health care pharmacy, among others. The acquired values allow them to work with ethic professionalism, respecting life, human dignity and environment.
Likewise, the student has the objective to encourage the necessary attitudes for the professional development, such as: analytic and critic thought, creativity, leadership and self-esteem; also, skills such as communication, self-learning, information handling and teamwork.
Educational program recognized by the Consejo Mexicano para la Acreditación de la Educación Farmacéutica, A. C. (COMAEF).
August 6, 2014.
For more information, please visit www.ugto.mx/admision
The applicant for the degree in Pharmacist Chemist Biologist must possess high school studies, preferably have taken a baccalaureate in chemistry-biology or similar, and have knowledge in:
- MATHEMATICS: algebra, plain trigonometry and basic knowledge of differential and integral calculus so it can access the required levels od the degree's mathematics.
- PHYSICS: basic knowledge of mechanics, static, dynamics, electricity and magnetism that allow to deepen in their courses of Physics and Physic-Chemistry of the degree in the knowledge of nature.
- CHEMISTRY: Notions of nomenclature, stoichiometry, states of aggregation, basic concepts of structure of matter and its link. Have knowledge of the importance of Chemistry in the environment and its econopmic importance.
- BIOLOGY: Basic knowledge of the cell, its structure and function, the respiratory processes of the plants and animals, with the objective that during their courses, they can relate the chemical processes of the living beings with environmental processes and its possible consequences and solutions.
In addition, the applicant must haeve the skills and attitudes learnt during their high school studies in several courses, workshops, curricular and extracurricular activities. At least, the applicant must have skills to:
- Correctly communicaty orally and written.
- Use concepts and notions.
- Develop the creativity.
- Analyze and find a solution to problems.
And attitudes connected to values that:
- Manifest their taste and interest for the study that propitiates self-information, creativity and research.
- Encourage respect for themselves, the others and the environment.
- Reflect the responsibility, fight spirit, constance and discipline.
- Manifest their commitment to extend the benefits of the culture to all the sectors of the communituy.
- Manifest their civic, national and social consciousness.
The graduate from the degree as Pharmacist Chemist Biologist (Q.F.B) is a professional with human quality and sound theoretical-practical knowledge in physics-mathematics, physics-chemistry, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, pharmacy, management and social-humanistic, that allows the graduate to perform in the professional fields of Clinical Biochemistry, Industrial Pharmacy, Health care pharmacy, Food Analysis or Toxicology, among others, reinforced and practiced in their professional stay. Possesses attitudes among which stand out creativity, analytic and critic thinking, self-esteem, interest for their continuous professional update, leadership, social awareness and spirit of service. Possesses skills to communicate orally and written, self-learning, information management, multidisciplinary teamwork, design and conduction of experiments to obtain information in decision making and dexterity in handling technical-scientific equipment. Possesses values that characterize them for their moral quality, ethical professionalism, honesty, loyalty, responsibility, perseverance, search for truth and freedom, as well as respect for life, human dignity and environment. Its production and control of goods, as well as the services for diagnosis, preservation and recovery of health. Likewise, makes specific functions in the development, preparation and control of drugs, products for the diagnosis, food and substances for cosmetic use. In addition, participates in the development and application of specific techniques used to control and monitor toxic substances for the humans and the environment.
- Complete the respective syllabus.
- Complete the professional service.
- Cover the English language (equivalent to TOEFL-PBT 517-563 points, TOEFL -IBT 67-86 points; MCERL levelB1 and CU Cambridge University level PET.
- The rest academic and administrative requirements previously established by the corresponding curricular structure.
- Make among the chosen modalities by the Divisional Council: thesis, professional work, obtain a testimony of high performance in the EGEL-QFB exam of CENEVAL, Academic excellence.
Total number of credits of the educational program: 280 credits.
- First enrollment
- Differential calculus
- Physics of the Biological processes
- General Chemistry
- Laboratory of General Chemistry
- Cellular Biology
- Oral and written communication
- English I
- Second enrollment
- Integral calculus
- Physics-chemistry I
- Organic chemistry I
- Laboratory of Organic Chemistry I
- Human anatomy and physiology
- English II
- Third enrollment
- Probability and Statsistics
- Analytic chemistry I
- Laboratory of Analytic chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry II
- Laboratory of Organic Chemistry II
- Physics-chemistry in pharmacy and biology
- English III
- Fourth enrollment
- Experiment design
- Analytic Chemistry II
- Laboratory of Analytic Chemistry II
- Organic Chemistry III
- Laboratory of Organic Chemistry III
- Structure of biomolecules and enzymatic kinetic
- Laboratory of Structure of biomolecules and enzymatic kinetic
- English IV
- Fifth enrollment
- Analytic chemistry III
- Laboratory of Analytic Chemistry III
- Laboratory of Genetics
- Intermediary metabolism
- Laboratory of microbiology
- Sixth enrollment
- Quality assurance
- Analytic Chemistry IV
- Laboratory of immunology
- Medical bacteriology
- Leadership and entrepreneurship
- Seventh enrollment
- Chemical pharmacy
- Sanitary legislation
- Molecular Biology
- Laboratory of Molecular Biology
- Medical Parasitology
- Eighth enrollment
- Pharmaceutical technology
- Basic Clinical Biochemistry
- Managerial administration
- Degree optative I
- Ninth enrollment
- Health care pharmacy
- Special tests Clinical Biochemistry
- Degree optative II
Campus Guanajuato, División de Ciencias Naturales y Exactas (DCNE)
Sede Noria Alta
Address: Noria Alta s/n; C.P. 36050; Guanajuato, Gto.
Phone: (473) 732 20 34 extensión 8131
Campus website: www.ugto.mx/campusgto
Division website: www.dcne.ugto.mx