Form integral professionals in experimental biology with sufficient and actual knowledge in the different specialties of biologic sciences, ecology, genetic engineering, molecular genetics, bioethics and normativity, as well as the entrepreneur area. Also, form students with the basic skills to contribute addressing the needs of employment generation, sustainability, environment and knowledge generation on living organisms. Finally, to have graduates capable of integrating the job world with the necessary skills to form research groups, impact in the industry, interact in multidisciplinary ambiences and have access to international and national academic mobility.
Educative Program with Level 1 granted by the Comités Interinstitucionales para la Evaluación de la Educación Superior, A.C.
August 6, 2014.
For more information, please visit www.ugto.mx/admision
The applicants to enter the major degree in Experimental Biology must possess the basic high school knowledge in the following disciplines:
BIOLOGY: Concept of cell, composition and function of the different organelles, difference between anabolism and catabolism and different type of organisms.
MATHEAMTICS: Algebra, plain trigonometry, analytic geometry, as well as basic knowledge of differential calculus.
PHYSICS: Mechanics, electricity and magnetism.
CHEMISTRY: Matter structure, nomenclature, links, stoichiometry, aggregation states and the chemistry and the environment.
HUMANISTIC KNOWLEDGE: Capability of writing and comprehension of Spanish.
ENGLISH: Capability of reading and comprehension of texts in English.
Description of skills:
- Correctly communicate written an orally
- Use different methos in the knowledge of nature and social reality.
- Use concepts and notations.
- Problem solutions and analysis.
- Make demonstrations.
- The graphic descriptive construction.
- Use the basic computer software.
The graduate from the major in Experimental Biology has an ethic commitment, identifies areas to generate and conduct several viable biological projects and biologically sustainable, both in research, in their own business or in the social sector. Contributes in generating knowledge in the specific areas of their formation, participating in research projects in universities, research centers and the industry. Contributes in the production of goods and useful biotechnological services to society and the environment, participating in specific areas of the industry.
- Cover the respective syllabus.
- Complete the Professional Service.
- Cover the English language (KET Cambridge Certificate, or 350 institutional TOEFL points or 65 official CBT TOEFL points.
- Make among the chosen modalities by the Divisional Council: Thesis, High performance testimony in the exam EGEL-Biol of CENEVAL, Academic Excellence and pass the general knowledge exam.
Total number of credits of the Educational Program: 244 credits.
- First inscription
- General biology
- Cellular biology
- Self-learning workshop
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Second inscription
- Philosophy of Science
- Developmental biology
- Laboratory of developmental biology
- Experimental design
- Biostatistics (parametrics and non-parametrics)
- Physics-Chemistry in Biology and Pharmacy
- Organic Chemistry I
- Laboratory of Organic Chemistry I
- Third inscription
- Vegetable anatomy and histology
- Laboratory of vegetable anatomy and histology
- Animal anatomy and histology
- Laboratory of animal anatomy and histology
- Analytic Chemistry III
- Laboratory of analytic chemistry III
- Structure of biomolecules and enzymatic kinetic
- Laboratory of structure of biomolecules and enzymatic kinetic
- Fourth inscription
- Vegetable physiology
- Laboratory of vegetable physiology
- Biology of invertebrates
- Laboratory of biology of invertebrates
- Intermediary metabolism
- Laboratory of intermediary metabolism
- Laboratory of Microbiology
- Leadership and entrepreneurism
- Fifth inscription
- Animal physiology
- Laboratory of animal physiology
- Laboratory of genetics
- Knowledge of the environment and sustainable development
- Microbian physiology
- Laboratory of microbian physiology
- Sixth inscription
- Laboratory of Ecology
- Bioethics and normativity
- Molecular biology
- Laboratory of molecular biology
- Administration and Intellectual property
- Seventh inscription
- Laboratory of evolution
- Compared immunology
- Laboratory of immunology
- Genetic engineering
- Laboratory of genetic engineering
- Eighth inscription